Friday, May 3, 2013

To answer the question, no.

For starters, I should tell you the story about the creation of this blog. I'm an attorney. A young one. I'm not necessarily a young person, but I am a young attorney. This designation will, sometimes, lead to very strange requests from more senior attorneys in my firm. A few weeks ago, one of said senior attorneys called me on my cell phone because he was in his car outside the parking garage and didn't have his access card to get in. He asked me to go to my car, get my access card, go outside, and let him in to the garage. I didn't mind doing this. I like the guy I work for. But, I did come back to my desk and ask the age-old, young attorney question, "Can I bill for this?"

This blog in no way will be about billing, or the law, or being a young associate. Well, things might allude to those topics, but I can't guarantee that there will be any single focus of this blog. I guess if I were to sum up the point of this blog it would be this: I often find myself at work, knowing that I should be working so that I can bill, but my mind is just not in it. I'm hoping that this blog might serve as an outlet for my mind, give me something to distract myself so I can get back to work. Plus, from the casual observer, blogging at my desk looks something like working at my desk.

While I don't intend for anyone else to find this blog or much less read it, if you do happen across it, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment