Friday, May 3, 2013

Strange Dreams

I really won't be able to get any work done today until I write about this. I had a very strange dream last night. I dreamt that my finance went to the hospital to ask to be euthanized. It sounds strange even typing it. Of course, in my dream, I went to the hospital to try to talk him out of it. His rationale, in the dream, was that he was already suffering from some minor medical ailment (something like arthritis or the flu) and he figured that he was just getting older and things would just get worse so he should just end it now. I was frantic trying to convince him to not kill himself, that I was worth staying alive for, that life was worth staying alive for, that we were going to get married and all that, but nothing convinced him. Then there was a period of darkness in my dream. In the next scene I was in a house, and I knew that he was gone. And then, out of nowhere, he showed up. He hadn't gone through with it after all. And, while I was happy that he hadn't, part of me was still upset that he would want to in the first place. Then I woke up. And then I emailed my finance and told him to be safe today. He said he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment