Friday, June 7, 2013

Rain

Tropical Storm Andrea is slowly making its way up the East Coast. In the D.C. area, we're expecting steady rain all day and temperatures in the mid-70s. The rain started last night. I'm a rain junkie. In Oklahoma, it rained alot, mostly in the form of thunder storms. Here it rains slow and steady. Growing up I use to listen to the rain, waiting for the dreaded moment when it would stop. Here, it just keeps on going, especially when the cause is something big like a hurricane or tropical storm. So, needless to say, I indulged in it. Last night I opened the window, make corn chowder, and read Stephen King's The Stand until I fell asleep with both the light and my glasses on. This morning I got up at 6:30 and kept on reading, this time with a cup of coffee, till 9:00 when I decided I actually had to go to work. But, I must admit that I'm just sitting at my desk watching the rain, wishing I could get away with closing my office door and finishing my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment